Roof maintenance is an important task that has to be completed every year. If you want to do it yourself, there are a few essential matters that you have to keep track of first:
- The first step to take is to get a sturdy ladder and harness and proper safety gear to go with it.
- Make sure you set aside at least two days per year to take care of any roofing related problems, inspect your roof, and complete any roof maintenance tasks.
- Study your roof to find out what it might need. Some materials, like metal, require less maintenance. Slate, asphalt shingles and wood will require a more experienced hand.
- Check your attic for ventilation problems or leaks.
- Make sure the flashing is in good condition, especially around the chimney area.
- Clear up any unwanted debris that might be causing problems, such as clogging your gutters or attracting pests.
- Check to see if your gutters are damaged or clogged.
If you run into any problems or require repairs, or even if you simply don’t have the safety gear and equipment to deal with some of the more pressing maintenance problems, call on your local conscientious Livermore roofing maintenance contractor for support and advice. They should be able to solve just about anything you are facing.