Tile roofing is attractive, durable and resistant – small wonder it is the go-to choice of so many homeowners. If you want to find out whether tile is the roofing material that suits your project as well, here are the most important features, both pros and cons, to help you make an informed decision:
- Attractive appearance – tile roofs improve the curb appeal of any building by adding distinctive style and class to it.
- Superior protection – tile roofs are able to withstand the harshest climate, wide temperature variations, even mold and insect attacks.
- Longevity – most tiles come with a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty, but they usually last much longer than that, often to more than 80 years or a century.
- Costs – roofing tiles are among the more expensive roofing materials and to make sure that your tile roof lasts long, you will need to hire a professional roofer for the installation, which further increases your costs, but the ownership costs of tile roofs are very low.
- Weight issues – tile roofs are heavier than other types of roofing, such as asphalt shingles or metal, therefore they are suitable only for buildings that are sufficiently solid to hold up the weight of the tiles.
Palo Alto roofing experts will happily schedule time to inspect your roof and meet with you to help you determine the roofing materials that will best fit your home and budget.