Tiles, whether made from clay or cement, are among the best roofing solutions for any climate area – here are some of the most important benefits:
- Excellent durability – tiles are among the most long-lived materials used for covering roofs, the solution’s average lifespan being around 100 years;
- Great thermal resistance – roof tiles provide a very efficient thermal barrier in front of cold and heat as well, the solution being perfect for hot and arid geographic areas as well as for cold and snowy regions;
- Easy installation – tile roofs are easy to install and the process does not require any special tools or expertise. The tiles are fastened on the roof with the help of roofing nails or they are fixed with hooks;
- Low maintenance needs – tile roofs, like any roof, need to be inspected and cleaned every six months, but the inspections are likely to reveal only minor and easy to remedy faults, such as a couple of cracked or displaced shingles;
- Resistance to water and fire – roofing tiles are impermeable and fire-resistant as well;
- Resistance to pests – roofing tiles are unattractive to pests, such as insects and rodents, so if you live in an area where thermites are an issue, you can stay safe with a tile roof.
For roofing services you can trust, look at the experts found at https://www.losgatosroofing.com/.