Weather can be harsh, especially nowadays, when we experience the effects of the global warming. Storms with heavy rain can be a serious threat to roofs, therefore people must be prepared to watch out for roof rain damage.
Here are the most important aspects that have to be considered.
- Install roofs with adequate designs and made from quality materials, able to withstand local weather
- Install gutters and downspouts and make sure to keep them free of debris. Without a fully functional drainage system, water drips off the roof, causing leaks and damage to the siding.
- Install vents with guards that prevent water from being driven into your attic. Also, make sure your chimney is properly hooded, for the same reason.
- Schedule roof inspections, at least twice a year, and make sure they are performed by professional San Ramon roofers, able to identify any problems and roof vulnerabilities, so you can fix them quickly.
- Do not allow vegetation in your yard to damage your roof. Hanging tree limbs are particularly dangerous during rainstorms, so trim them regularly.
- If your roof is old and close to the end of its lifespan, start making the replacement arrangements. Do not postpone this until the last moment, because replacing a roof is expensive and also requires you to find a certified San Ramon roofer you can trust.