Although some roofing materials are very durable and have a life span of several decades, a roof will not last forever. There are several warning signs that tell you it is time for a new roof. You must schedule regular inspections and pay attention to these signs, or else you may expose your home to a disaster. Replacing the old roof is a solid and long-term investment for your home, even for the future generation. Besides the practical reasons behind roof replacement, there is also an aesthetic reason: an outdated appearance of the roof can spoil the image of the house, no matter how beautiful the house is.According to experienced San Jose roofers, these are some of the signs indicating that the time to change your roof has come!
- Water infiltration in the attic and in the living space
- Stains or mold on the ceiling and walls, as well as signs of rot in the wooden structure of the attic
- Some parts of the roof are damaged (missing or cracked shingles, other broken or loose elements etc.)
- The paint cracks on the interior and the exterior of the house
- Your energy bills are higher, but the thermal comfort in the house is not so great